Throne. Hafiz Muhammad Multani. Lahore, c. 1820. Embossed sheets of gold on wood and resin. Victoria & Albert Museum.
- This throne demonstrates an exchange between the royal cultures of India and Europe.
- How are you influenced by your own culture and the cultures around you? Where do you draw the line between influence and appropriation of culture?
To read more about this work of art, click here!
How does this artwork relate to today’s world?
- Fusion Fashion
- Music Sampling: Copyright Criminals
- Music Sampling: Swedish House Mafia Defend Sampling
- Fusion Cuisine in Toronto
- maharajaonline posted this