Suit of armour. Udaipur, 18th century Layers of cotton, velvet, silk and gilded copper. Victoria and Albert Museum
- While the function of this suit of armour is to protect the wearer, a lot of effort went into making the suit look beautiful.
- Can armour be fashionable?
- Can fashion be a type of armour?
Click here to learn more about this work of art!
How is this artifact relevant in today’s world?
- Fashion Inspired by the Military: Beyonce in a Military-Style Jacket
- Fashion Inspired by the Military: Janet Jackson’s Music Video “Rhythm Nation”
- Clothing that Protects: UV-Protective Clothing
- Clothing that Protects: Firefighter’s Suit
- Fashion as a Defense Mechanism: What not to Wear